Welcome to Longfield
On a sunny day, you could be led into thinking you were in the South of France. Stepping into a haven of tranquillity, this luxurious home promises to capture your heart from the moment you enter the drive. Built in the 1920’s, it has since been extensively renovated and tastefully modernised (in 2018), yet care has been taken to retain the original character. Handsomely furnished, extremely comfortable and equipped to the very highest standard, this substantial house is light and airy throughout with stunning views from almost every room.
Exotic palm trees, mature hedges, trees and shrubs adorn the 4 acres of immaculately landscaped gardens surrounding the house. Set above the River Avon estuary in Bantham, with yachts moored in the river below and breath-taking unbroken views out to sea, past Bantham Beach and Burgh Island, there is always something to catch your eye.
All in all, Longfield is a superb place to stay with your family or a group of friends.
- Sleeps 12 + 2
- Security Deposit: £750.00
- Telephone: For incoming and outgoing local calls. Please note that mobile reception is poor.
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Arrival from 4pm
- Departure by 9am
- Ample parking.
- No Smoking.
- Local facilities: Beaches half a mile, patrolled by lifeguards in summer. Shop 100 metres, pub 200 metres. Kingsbridge 5 miles, Salcombe 9 miles.
- Luxury bedlinen and towels
- Ground coffee
- Olive oil
- Aga and other cook books
- High chair
- Travel Cot
- Wi-Fi internet throughout the house
- Sky Sports & Movies
- Central heating and electricity
- Firewood and kindling (October – March only)