Please read our booking conditions carefully. You must indicate your agreement to abide by these when completing the booking form.
- The contract of hire is between the hirer (lead guest) and the owners of Longfield. The contract of hire is deemed to have been made once a deposit of one third of the holiday price (or total amount if within 6 weeks of commencement of the holiday) has been paid and confirmation of the booking has been emailed by the owner to the guest.
- The balance payment is due 6 weeks before the holiday commences.If the balance is not received by the due date, the owners, at their discretion, reserve the right to make the property available for re-booking. This does not release the lead guest from their obligation.
- Bookings are made from Saturday to Saturday, unless by prior arrangement with the owner, confirmed in writing. The main house and annexe at Longfield are available for occupation from 4pm (occasionally later) on the first day of the holiday and must be vacated by 10am on the last day.
- The owners shall permit the lead guest and members of the guest’s party as shown on the booking confirmation (but no one else) to occupy the property for holiday purposes only. No more than the maximum number of persons stated on the booking form may occupy the property. In no circumstances may the capacity of the accommodation be exceeded, including children, regardless of age. The owners reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. The owners reserve the right to revoke or refuse prior to, or during the stay, any booking from parties which they consider to be unsuitable for the property. Due respect and consideration to neighbours must be observed at all times. Guests are not permitted to hold functions at the property without the prior written consent of the owners.
- The owners do not accept bookings from lead guests younger than 25 years of age. Stag and hen parties are not accepted. Smoking inside the property is not permitted. Guests are permitted to smoke outside on the balconies and in the garden areas.
- Guests must keep the property clean and in good order and will be responsible for any damages or breakages. During the period of occupation, the lead guest is responsible for the care of the property and its contents. It is expected that guests treat the property with respect and leave the property and its fixtures and fittings in a clean and tidy condition, including correct disposal of rubbish/waste for recycling.
- The owners reserve the right to charge a security deposit of £750.00 per booking. This deposit is payable when the balance for the holiday rental cost becomes due six weeks prior to the commencement of your holiday. The security deposit will be refunded to the guest the week following the holiday, but a deduction will be made for any breakages or damages done to the property, or if it is not left in a clean and tidy condition, including correct rubbish/waste disposal, or any untoward expenses.
- The owners cannot be held responsible for any 3rd party breakdowns, malfunctions or cuts of utility services such as electricity, gas, water supplies, sewage disposal, telephone, inadequate broadband or WIFI, although, where possible, every attempt will be made to remedy a problem should it occur. No refund will be considered for interruptions to 3rd party services. Please note there is little or no mobile reception at the property or in Bantham village.
- Once a booking has been confirmed by the owners it can only be changed to different dates by treating the original booking as a cancellation. Holiday dates may be changed providing the property is available for the new dates required.
- In the unlikely event of a complaint the guest should immediately contact the owner or caretaker. No complaints can be considered after departure from the property.
- The owners shall not be liable to the guest or any member of the guest’s party for any injury, loss or damage to their property or person, however caused.
- Guests should ensure that all personal possessions are removed on departure from the property. The owners and caretakers reserve the right to dispose of any guest’s personal belongings after the departure day of the guests from the property without further reference to the guests.
- The owners reserve the right to refuse any booking and to cancel any booking already made if the property is unavailable (e.g. through fire, flood etc.) for any reason whatsoever subject to a full refund of all monies paid. The owner shall not be under any other liability if such cancellation occurs.
- Bed linen, bath towels, tea towels, oven gloves and a high chair are provided. A travel cot is available on request. Guests should bring their own cot linen. Beach towels can be hired by arrangement with the caretaker. For bookings of two weeks or more, a change of linen can be provided weekly on request.
- The parking of caravans and pitching of tents at the property is strictly forbidden.
- When the holiday is booked, the guest is entering into a legally binding contract. If forced to cancel, for whatever reason, under the law the guest will be liable for the cancellation charges set out below. It is recommended that guests protect themselves against such loss by taking out UK holiday cancellation insurance which is available from online providers such as www.cancellationplan.co.uk, www.guestfirst.co.uk or www.schofields.ltd.uk
|Six months plus prior to start of booking
|Full booking deposit refunded
|Three to six months prior to start of booking
|50% of booking deposit refunded
|6 weeks – 3 months prior to start of booking
|Booking deposit not refunded
|Less than 6 weeks prior to start of booking
|Refund of security deposit only
- Force Majeure.The owner cannot accept liability or responsibility for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, epidemics, acts of any government, or public authority, changes imposed by re-scheduling of airlines or ferries or any event outside our control.
- Directions and other information including arrangements for the collection of keys will be sent to guests on receipt of the balance payable six weeks before their holiday.
- The owners or their representative must be allowed access to inspect the property prior to your departure. They also have a right to access the property during your stay to carry out urgent maintenance or repairs or in the event of an emergency. The gardener may enter the grounds during your stay.
- All photographs and property descriptions are the property of the owners and cannot be used for any purposes whatsoever by any other party unless by prior written authority of the owners.
- These booking conditions supersede all previous issues.
PLEASE KEEP A COPY OF THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR REFERENCE